Hi!
I'm not new to this whole blogging thing. I kept a blog when I was in Rouen, France for one of the most amazing experiences of my life. Check out some of what I had to say but before you do, I will say this: My blogs from over there tell you very little about my Study Abroad experience and a whole lot about the way the Lord took that opportunity to grow me in a lot of ways. I wish I could back so bad sometimes...and it seems as if some of the maturity I picked up while over there has fallen to the wayside. At any rate, check it out if you feel so inclined: http://thebeautifulfacade.blogspot.com.
So...about me, eh? Well...my name is Ashley and I was born in Washington, DC and raised in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area (DMV). I graduated from the Pennsylvania State University in May 2009 and I am currently in my first week of (online) classes at Dallas Theological Seminary. I am in pursuit of a Masters of Art in Christian Education with a focus on Family Life Ministry. I love my parents; they've done so much for me and I could never repay them in any way (that sure doesn't mean that I won't try). I have an older brother and a younger brother and I'd give my life for them both. I am so honored and priveleged to have two special little godsons and they absolutely mean the world to me. I can be described by many different titles, the supreme of which is Christian. I love Jesus...and I make no apologies for my stance. Am I as bold as I could be? No. Do I love Him the way He deserves? No. Could I be doing a lot more to further His Kingdom? Yes. But within the answers to those questions lies the answer to why I love Him so. Jesus loves me with an everlasting love, no matter what I do...and He loves you too! His Love is not based on conditions; it just never ends, and that, to me, means the most. No matter my actions, words, and thoughts sometimes (as foul as they may be), my greatest desire is to please Him. And at this point, I'm aiming to make that desire the primary catalyst to get me to my destiny.
Why am I doing THIS blog? Why didn't I just continue on THE BEAUTIFUL FACADE? Well, frankly, I'm at a different place in my life. I wanted to start fresh so I created another blog. I want to remember as much about this experience as a student of DTS as I can, and in the process, I'd hope that I could help someone else.
So...that's where I am right now. I'm sorry this isn't much for an introduction but hopefully you'll get more insight into me as I continue to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment